Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tour de Beauce-day 1

So I managed to get to do the Tour de Beauce again this year with Garneau-Crocs
Day one. 165 km to Lac Etchemin, pretty solid day. I got in a few moves, I thought for sure they would stick, but the boys are tiered it seems from Philly week.
Kleber,one of the two Brazillians on the team,came 5th, got the Young Riders jersey, sweet!
The peleton shattered with 5km to go...like schrapnel, I managed to hang in for 37th.

Usually I'm not really excited about that, but I rode pretty modestly except at the end, so I'll take it. I'm 1:17 back in the GC I think...but I think tomorrow should be interesting.
It was hot, the roads are better than what I remember. The food is good, but
I'm bringin my own oats to breaky in the morn. Spend a few days with 2 Ausies, 2Brazillians and 2 Quebecois and You will find yourself talking with all kinds of sign language, messed up broken franglais with spanish...it's pretty funny.
Ok, I'll keep it brief. I'm staying away from desert until I deserve it.
Tomorrow 166 km after breaky...
DSJ

No comments: