Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beauce stage 2

Frigin flatted about 7km from the line. Today felt a lot easier than yesterday, it wasn't quite as warm, actually started with arms (warmers). They got peeled off pretty quick. Lots of tumbles today, stayed out of trouble, I was getting positioned for the sprint, well to help Kleber and flatted. Almost lost my life chasing on, thought maybe I could make it through the caravan, but after looking at the SRM file, it took 2 minutes to get a wheel. Ha as if I could catch a pack of 100 speeding towards the sprint finale. A boy can dream. I rolled in with Andrew Pinfold who apparently flatted at 5km to go as well, seems a few others did as well.
Kleber, the Brizillian, is 2nd in the GC, has the points jersey and best young rider jersey.
Octa Shizer! Man, what a difference there is with morale this year. Crocs are riding at the front, well that's not true Teco's is riding at the front, but we're up there.
It's really a good thing to have come here this week. This is what racing is about. Sure you can go well for a day or two, but three, four five...it gets long.

I looked like a total freak today, bringing my own breakfast concoction, a Tupperware with large flake oats, berrys and almond butter...mmmmm. But it worked out well, cause I put some crepes and egss in the Tupperware and gobbled them down post race...nice.

Tomorrow is the Queen stage. Mont Megantic. If the name doesn't scare you, the climb should. Not to mention there are 160 ish km's before of hills, rollers, cross wind from hell to soften you up, but then the mountain is 6km steep climb, up to 19%. If you don't know what 19% climbs look like, all I can say is you are lucky. Most guys have to ride S style and zig zag up the climb. The GC is still tight it's anyone's race, so tomorrow the s%^t will go down.
I'm sure Teco's will be drilling it and hopefully so will I.
DSJ

No comments: