Friday, June 13, 2008

Beauce stage 3 and 4a



Yesterday proved once again to be a little chaotic. Mont Megantic is a 150 km ish stage, rolling hills and then you climb the highest paved road in Quebec. Yah, steep, I think right at about 3 km to go, it's the longest km in Canada...seriously it just doesn't end.
Anyways once again some chaos before the end. Kebler Ramos, the white jersey holder crashed and I had to pick him up and then help pace him back. THere's a kind of unwritten rule that the guys sit up when a "jersey" goes down, so it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty cool to be helping him out like that and working for one of the race leaders.
I flatted again, front flat with 7 km to go, about 1 km from the bottom of Megantic, so it was over before it began. The climb, took 30 minutes, with an average speed of 12km/hr and it still hurt like a bugger.

Today's TT. I had a good intention on giving it full gas, but after the first climb I found out that it wasn't in the cards, so no need to dig into the suitcase of pain this morning and just rode it to at least save face. Funny that's exactly what I didn't want to do, go semi-hard. At least if you just roll it to make the time cut guys know your rolling it, but when you go at half speed your neither fast or slow, just in between. What can you do when it's not there...I'm not sure, I guess stay positive and eat and drink and fire it up later...
DSJ

No comments: