Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More Good News!

So Derrick got into the Tour de Beauce again this year with Louis Garneau. This stage race starts next Tuesday June 10th and you can follow the race at http://www.tourdebeauce.com/. I'm very proud of him because he stuck to his plan and tried to do everything possible to get on a team again this year and he deserves it. He will be in Pink again and the LG team looks to be stronger than ever this year. It should be a great race for Derrick to do well at. I really hope to be able to make it to the last stage next weekend and cheer him on.
As for me, I'm finally over my illness. I got the flu Sunday night and felt awful. I kept thinking and replaying in my mind why I was so unmotivated to train on Sunday and why I wasn't ready to chase back on Saturday at the World Cup after my crash. Well for one, the crash scarred the crap out of me and there was no way I could get back on through a downhill in the rain. The amount of time it took me to recollect was way too long and also for that matter to find my bike. At first, I thought I was loosing my magic touch, what makes me "me". Anyone who knows me well enough or who has ever coached me, knows that I always want to train and race hard. I took Monday off and felt a bit better, but even so, on Tuesday I drove all the way out to Kanata to do my training only to here my coach say I shouldn't. But just him saying that made all the difference. He also lifted my spirits in many other ways. I was still upset about the weekend at the World Cup, and he changed my point of view on some things. Things might be looking up for me over, oh I don't know, say maybe the next 4 years (2012). Just keep my head up high, train hard with all the determination I have and things will happen eventually, right?

So, what's up for this weekend? First off, Derrick and I are going to a wedding. Don't worry, not ours! One of Derrick's closest friends. So I get to get all dolled up and feel pretty and more than just a jock for a day. Luckily my dress is cut exactly right to cover up the road rash on my right leg that I occurred at the World Cup last weekend. I just hope that the farmers tan is gone by Saturday!

After and before the wedding we are staying at Chateau Elliott's for two nights. Can't wait, parents are the best! On Sunday we might race the O-cup in Milford. It's right outside my parents house, so probably easier to do than my training when I get home that day.

Good luck to all my teammates who start the PEI stage race on Sunday!

NCE

No comments: