Thursday, December 25, 2008

Nommay to Christmas

So it's Christmas today, and a Merry Christmas to everyone at home. What's happening here on Christmas day. There are few gift openings going on amongst the others. Unfortunately Derrick and I didn't have any time to get each other even a little gift. We plan on getting something after the World Cup in Zolder tommorrow.

Since Nommay, not much has happened, except I got a stomach flu. Happened on Tuesday afternoon. I did my training for the day and then was freezing cold for the next few hours. I was in the house wearing a few layers as well as my winter jacket. By night time I was sweating up a storm and Derrick (as the nurse he is) refused to let me have any blankets. Once the fever breaks he never lets me keep warm. I spent all Tuesday night tossing and turning thinking I was going to be sick until about 5 am in the morning when I actually was. Christmas eve I spent most of the day in bed. I challenged myself to go to the pharmacy later in the day, but because all I had ate was pineapple juice and a couple slices of bread, it didn't work out that great. I was able to walk the block there, but once in the pharmacy things started spinning and I had to explain to the lady at the counter that I had to sit down before I passed out. I was planning on getting some groceries as well and maybe a little gift for Derrick but I had to sit at the pharmacy until I was ready to use all my energy to walk back home and then tell Derrick I couldn't do it, he would have to go to the grocery store to get the neccessities for the next few days.

We are off the pre-ride the world cup course in Zolder in few hours. Wish me luck that I have all my strength back as I am going to need it. I really don't care what I feel like today, but more that everything is there for the race tommorrow!

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to all our families and friends at home.

NCE

No comments: