Saturday, December 13, 2008

DSJ and Tasha selected for Worlds

Hey, so we got the official email, saying we both made the Worlds team. Cost of the project is going to be 1300$ per person without skinsuit. Wow. What ever happened to the best things in life are free. They have obviously never raced Cross.
We thought about maybe just buying one skinsuit and I can just let Tasha wear it and then I can wear it the next day. Ummm, ok maybe we'll splurge and just get one each. I've been know to be able to fit in skinsuits of all sizes, anywhere from medium to x-small, but it's a little bit of a stretch.

So today is training, packing, Christmas with in the In laws, common laws, and outlaw out of control God son who is playing hockey behind me right now and taking slap shots with what looks like a cat toy. We have to miss the Cyclery party as this was the only way to see our families until February. And although having a couple beers does sound enjoyable, it's business as usual and the holiday cheer will have to wait until after Feb 1st. My secret mission is to get Natasha to dance after Worlds. She hates it. I've actually only heard her sing once and I tried to show her how to dance once but it was short lived. You may not know this but I love my techno. Especially the Belgian DJ Tiesto. But hold up, I've been listening to Tiesto longer than I have been doing Cross, I didn't even know he was Belgian, until I got his DVD live in the Gelderdome.

Since it's Christmas and all I'll give some secret training tips away.

If you ever need to do a three minute efforts, just download He's a Pirate by Tiesto. If that doesn't get you pumped, you need to take the day off. Maybe a week. But you'll feel like you want to go to the Club after. I think that's my problem right now, I maxed out on Tiesto this morning.
But this song can only be used for 2 minute to 3minute intervals as it may cause you to go way too ballistic. If you don't do intervals, just listen to this song and this is how I feel the lap in a cross race. I'll warn you, you may never be the same after listening to this track, it's that good.

Ok so fingers crossed we leave tomorrow. Lord give me patience in packing the bikes.
Serenity now.

DSJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey really nice website, I noticed your website when doing study on some methods to develop my web log. I was simply inquiring which spam software system you use for comments as I get tons on my site.