Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Averbode

Well it wsn't a race, but it was some sweet training. Gary brought us down to Averbode for a Cross training session. The boys at home would love this! It's basically a parc with a chapel on top of a big hill and cross trails all around on every side. Across the street is a sand field. UP hill and downhill off camber, ruts, lines, whatever. I think my heart rate went to danger danger level trying to plow through. Word is lots of guys use this this as their technique/skills area. They just had a race there a few weeks ago so the lines are all still there. IT's wicked. Plus it's a good 40 minutes there, so get lost a few times, hit it, ride back, four hours later it's supper time. But that wasn't the most painful part of the day. They had Jurgen come to do some massages. 6 Euros for 30 minutes, can't beat that! If you think racing is Europe is hard you should try getting a leg rub, ouch, I almost told him to take it ez, but I just bit my tongue...now I may have to go see an Oral facialmaxial surgeon to fix the hole I made in my tongue, but legs will be good in a few days. I bet tommorow's ride will suck!

DSJ

No comments: