Monday, December 1, 2008

Eastern Ontario Finale!

Well...I don't know what to say. THANK YOU. Thank you to everyone who showed up to race, donate and even just watch.

Bob and Ian, we are ever gracious of these two fine men who agreed to name the last race an event to help us. The course was great once it got petered down a bit, lots of 180's really technical.

I was so happy to see that the Sun sent Andrew to take some photos and put a little story in the OTTAWA SUN
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/12/01/7586916-sun.html

Ok, so maybe it's not the New York times or Velo News, but it's pretty cool (notice the editor?).

So racing in the snow was interesting. I was a little humbled that I fell so far back after taking myself out on an icy turn and having my chain do a very peculiar thing. It took me 2 laps to figure out how to ride the snow. Don't think I'm getting all soft, but seriously, a race like that really brings a smile on your face, it's just fun. Most of the time the racing is just way too hard to have fun, but yesterday was fun. I wish I could have gone all out yesterday, but I really just wanted to mess around. Knowing that was one of the last chances I had as from here on out it's all business.

Strangely enough yesterday gave me some perspective on some things. It has really taken me a long time to not always feel like I have to prove myself when I'm at home. I mean it's always full gas when we are on the road, so when we are home we are most likely training a little harder, and I just never really seem to go 100%. But it's taken a long time to realize that I am not my performance and that it does not define me if I don't win. I would like to win, don't get me wrong it's just not a win at all costs attitude. I don't sacrifice my performances to come for one that does not define me. Sounds heavy, but it's like that.

DSJ

1 comment:

attack attack attack said...

Hey DSJ and Natasha. Awesome ride and what a crowd that turned out for you guys to support your dream and passion!!! good to see you guys yeserday.Derrick drop by on thurs and I i'll drop you some cash for the cause . Lyall