Monday, October 19, 2009

TO

Well, back in Toronto for one of our favorite weekends of the year.

Tasha rode really smooth on Saturday. I kept telling her to shut it down but I think she was just on fire. She said she felt she wasn't really going that hard, but that's what you call having a good day, it just doesn't feel that hard. Pepper gave her a little run for it on the first lap, but Tasha waited and made her move and it was very decisive.

With her win, she jumped into the lead of the North American Cyclocross Trophey (NACT) Series lead and got another sweet jersey to add to this years collection.

I had an ok race. Well that's not true, it was pretty much straight up awesome. I started off ok, but had to fight through a little traffic. On this course I think it was important not to go like stink on the first lap as going up a ski hill 8 times takes a toll on the body. I managed to tag on to the back of the group of 5 leaders. Powers hit the barriers and Johnson plowed into him, it was like Moses parting the red sea except it was Cannodale green and It tipped toes my way through the chaos onto Andy Jacques wheel. I wasn't sure if I should attack as there is always a little bit of etiquette in cycling, in retrospect maybe I should have given it full gas, but as there were a series turns I had to wait before hitting the throttle. But I did hit it a few times and attacked through the barriers the next lap, and then attacked again up the hill, this time Johson responded and stayed close to him, but not close enough. Driscoll then followed. I battled with Watson for third and I matched his accelerations and took him on the final climb but slid out with a few hundred meters to go roiling into 4th.

Sunday Tasha stormed away during the first lap and was never to be seen. Well there was a young junior chomping at her heels, and closed to within 15 seconds, but she just kept the pressure on and secured the win and I believe most of the points for the jersey.

I was unable to match the speed of the three man Cannodale train on the first lap and resolved to fighting for 4th. I won the battles using my kamikaze barrier attacks to get the final gap.

Great weather, great weekend. Good to see a lot of people at the venue. Great courses both days. Lots of great photos all over the web.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/toronto-international-cyclo-cross-c1/stages/stage-1/photos/92131

Yah that's pretty much my favorite photo ever.

Also, we were able to take coach Dan out and his wife Sara. We brought them to a Shawarma place, best of all I got a Shawarma hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They said they would give it to me only if I wore it...for sure I'm going to wear a hat that says Shawarma...it's only the second most important food group after coffee.

I could actually do a long blog post, as the weekend was really exciting but I'm pretty tiered and we are travelling to the USGP in Kentucky Friday so we are gonna do a little run today.

I also received an email that means so much to me. In this sport you have to work hard, but good things come if you just keep at it

I really think that I raced close to my full potential this weekend. Having amazing product support from LG really helps, I have to say they have been amazing. Also having Alex Sanna (Soingeur Race Services) do all the pit work is a super help. If you ever need a soingneur look him up, he is a big supported of the Dynamic Duo and I would recommend him to anyone.

When you buy LG products or hire Alex you are supporting the people who believe in us and you directly contribute to our success by doing so. I know Alex is being certified as a level 3 coach as well, if his coaching is anything like the great services he offers to us, I am sure it is pretty great.


Derrick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do this race sometime in your existance...
it's in the USA. Big sponsors. Big races. Lots of media coverage...

http://www.yellowbreechesracing.org/ironcross/

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work, guys! good luck in Kentucky.
Kim