Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gloucester and the TSS

Man, what a crazy weekend and it's just getting crazier by the minute. Tick Tock we're on the clock, less than 48 hours and we're off to Nationals.

So In case you hadn't heard, Tasha basically light it up in MA. She endured through the mud, and pushed her way through to Victory. It was a great win for her. We often talk about Gloucester as where it all started, as it was our first Big Race a few years ago.

I wasn't so good in the mud. Unfortunately I ate some lunch meat Friday, it tasted really good but I have a sensitivity to preservatives and it was partially responsible for causing a migraine on Friday night. I didn't feel that bad on Saturday, but I was not quite 100% and when you race the best guys, being 5% down is not the way to go. Anyways, stuff happens you deal with it and you move on.

Sunday...Tasha killed it on the faster parcours, Laura was giving her a good run for her money, so to speak, but Tasha was in control, very cool, calm and collected. She was doing the Euro shoulder checks. She was riding very assertively, confidently that's for sure. Ricard Fries the announcer said she must have been watching Bart Wellens video's.

I had a great race. Good start, good legs, good head. A few sloppy bobbles, caused my seat post to turn sideways and I rode 2 laps with a crooked seat, I got past it though, stayed focused, then another bobble and my handlebars and stem were crooked...well then I had to pit cause that's just dangerous...if you ever want to challenge yourself try riding through sand with crooked handelbars...I was in a battle against Parbo, Timmerman and Jones for a bit, so a top 5 was just within reach, so I walk away feeling good for the next 6 days.

Lots of things to sort out this week, speaking of that my stuff is in so gotta get the new skinsuits...ciao!
DSJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lunchmeat?????