Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nationals briefly

So Tasha was off first. She had an ok ride. But she has been having a problem with her leg going numb in extreme temperatures, and it was bothering her a little today. Pepper bobbled in front of her and she fell back a little and could not overcome the 10 second gap. As soon as Allison saw Natasha was in back they gassed it so she could not let her catch on. Allison and Pepper throttled it for two laps putting in laps faster than the Junior men.
Obviously not the result we were looking for, but this is her first Nationals podium and up to date her luck at Nationals has been awful, so although it is bittersweet, congrats to he on her first Elite Nationals Podium. She knew it wasn't going to be easy. But she is very positive and just said when the time is right it will happen and she will cry lot of happy tears.

I wish I could have had the same positive attitude after my race, but I was a little disappointed/upset initially as I was behind some chaos and lost valuable seconds on the first lap. I guess the lesson here is start better and you won't be behind the chaos. I obviously knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the parc, I came on hard and fast lap 2 and on but the damage was done and I was in a battle with Schooler and Trace for 2nd. I didn't really ride all that well technically on the ride/run ups, as I was gassed from going so hard on the power sections. I guess I just need to concentrate a little more. I wanted it to be a race and I was a little insulted with what the announcers were saying to tell you the truth. They said they didn't even think Jeff was working or sweating and they played an AC DC song that he requested... Not sure maybe I'm a little sensitive, but that's pretty insulting. Good news is now I'm mad. Not angry, but mad like a dog and tomorrow, if i get a good start I'm going to try to rip peoples legs off the bone. I'll tell em when they see me leading to play some Tiesto and see how it feels to Trance out on them.

Hey that's racing though, but I'm aloud to freak out a bit, otherwise I wouldn't be me. As an Elite/Pro it's this kind of fuel that you need to push yourself past your limits. Good ride for Aaron Schooler coming third I think that's his best result and he's an Edmonton boy so good on him for showing up this year. The O town boys Connor and K bomb threw down as well, standing on the podium, just shy of the win...I feel ya.

I wold really like to thank Katherine and Chris for tow us around today and Alexa Sanna Soingeur Race Services, (check out his web site), extra ordinary and his friend Peter Mogg winner of the M1 race for helping us out, I really appreciate it guys. Alex is available for alot of races on the east coast, if you need support, he is the guy for sure, I know we have him reserved for Toronto already. Today went way smoother than last week, nothing worse than changing pedals 5minutes before your start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

guess kabush is coming off some good form
shame anger didn't see ya through