Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Be leavin'

We are scheduled to leave tomorrow. Yikes, I'm not even out the door yet for my workout this morning. Bikes...they are not packed, they will have to be worked on after the ride since it's raining cats and dogs.

In my haste of yesterdays post, I totally forgot to thank our wonderful Hostess in Beverley Mass,
Ann Guyer. She gave us shelter and kept us full with the most delicious fish "chowda" (she didn't really have a Baston accent, but it just makes my story more interesting). She even let us invite Robbie O and K bomb over for dinner. Her house was full of really cool art work, some which I noted she was the creator. So far we are two for two on the host housing, thanks Kim and thanks Ann, you were both a huge part of the success.

The title of the post is supposed to be a little bit of a pun. As I was caffeinating (thats my word Patent Pending) this morning I thought that we be leaving today but also the importance of believing in ourselves over the next couple days. I don't really know what I was going to say or write next, it made so much sense but in the time it took to throw on my shorts and jersey, the thought is gone.

Also I really really really want to thank all the people at Garneau who have been phenomenal to meet all of our very numerous demands. We just received some new custom clothes, let me just say the Lite Vent Long Sleeve jersey looks sick, perfect for cross. If you ever need Custom clothing made, LG is the way to go, the clothes are amazing, the fit spectacular and I think it looks sick even in Pink . Send me a line and I'll hook you up.

Ok, rain has stopped, workout must start, luckily we got the word to not overdo it today so there should be no hang over tomorrow. I felt pretty awful last Thursday from our Ballistic Speed workout. Did you know a Cross bike can get up to 50 km/hr? Who knew.

Also I thought of another good name for Blog, "The tales of the caffineated Wall Flour and the Dizzy Squirrel". We are supposed to be hooking up a rider diary from Pedal Mag, maybe I'll throw that at them.

Last thing, Anonymous asked about the "lunch meat" in the previous post. Just for the record, foods that are high in preservatives, sulfites, nitrates and all things un natural to man can cause migraines. Funny enough they even had a blurb about it on Canada AM, with Shamus this morning. Google causes of migraines and you'll see that I'm not crazy...we'll maybe not but at least you'll see that I'm not author of these theories.

DSJ

DSJ

No comments: