Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dogs on a plane

Last time I checked, I didn't really think people could bring their dogs on the plane, but we were stuck beside a sneezing dog owner and a stinky pooch on the way pack from Edmonton.

Road Nationals proved to be an interesting race. The end result was ok, I ended up 12th, 9th in Elite Men. Not really the result I was aiming for, for I'm still happy with the way I rode up until about the 11the lap. I then let my emotions get in the way , wanting to win, getting frustrated, and I stopped applying logic. JS managed to come across to the original break as little groups were always coming up the road to congest the break. He was able to get in a chase group and then my hands were a little tied, I tried to go, but I couldn't bring a group up to his, so there it is. Considering how hard I rode to try and get across I m throughly impressed I could still put an ok sprint in to finish after 180km's.

I guess it just wasn't in the cards. We still had a good time in Edmonton, our hotel was quiet and I was able to rest alot, and it was relaxing after Beauce to just sit around.

After getting home from my ride yesterday Natasha showed me I was on the "long list" for the National Team Pro Tour races in September. I have to say it is a nice feeling. It's not a done deal yet, as it is the long list and does not guarantee that I will do the races, but it's close.

Derrick


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Service dog in all likelihood, in which case it had as much right to be there as you. Just sayin'

Anonymous said...

Actually douchebag you can now bring any kind of dog on a plane not just service dogs - as long as they fit under the seat - just sayin