Thursday, June 17, 2010

Breaking news - DSJ 2nd at TDB stage 3

So I just have some amazing news. Funny, I haven't wrote on the blog for almost 7 months or so now. But I have something very exciting to say.

Derrick was 2nd at Tour de Beauce, stage 3 today. He went for it. I followed all day and knew the whole time something very special was going to happen for him. If he didn't win, I knew it would be close and he would almost die trying.

I had a blog post ready last night to put up about what has been going on with me and also how proud I am of Derrick and knew that the something was going to happen today. Obviously, I didn't want to jinx him and couldn't put it up.

It's been rough for me since last October, and somehow I magically started to get better just a week before the TDB started. I knew it was a sign from above. It was a hard time for both of us and Derrick deserves every bit of his success. He also gave me the inspiration today while I read about his time in the break to give my comeback a shot. Well let me rephrase that, I knew I was going to try to comeback all along, he just made me believe in myself today to think anything was possible and even though I haven't been riding for months now as I was really ill, today confirmed that I can do it and be even better than before. We'll call it the parasite effect.

So I'll spare you the details of what happened to me. I wanted to write on the blog about it a while back, but I wasn't getting better and I just didn't want to speak about it. I had no energy and my thoughts were just all over the place. I was kind of embarrassed about what was happening and almost had a numb feeling to everything around me. Nobody had any answers until 3 weeks ago, and then boom, bang, just like that my body has started to turnaround. I remember at the beginning I just thought I was burnt out, but no training didn't help. Now that I think back, I was stupid to think I was ever burnt out, I should of known something was wrong. I think to myself now, "do you have any idea of what you've done and accomplished in your life". I don't burnout, my nickname use to be the energizer bunny when I was in high school. Man I was dumb to believe in what some of the doctors I saw said. But I guess I never truly believed as I kept on searching for a diagnosis and finally got one. Somehow my same attitude towards racing never gave up, even though I thought I had given in, that internal strength was always there fighting for me.

Anyways, I think I can say it is over and I just want to keep the positivity flowing. I know it is not going to be easy and my body is not fully recovered yet, but that's going to be the fun part about getting going again. It's a whole new adventure for me in life. And now the dynamic duo can be the dynamic duo again and not the dynamic uno.

Oh yeah, did you know that party and parasites really sound alike. Maybe because when you have parasites inside of you, they are having millions of party's all around you as they take over parts of your body. Sucking the party life out of you!

Ok that's my joke, first one in 8 months, might be a little lame, but hey that's normal me coming back. And if you ever tick me off in a race, I know exactly what word I will use to describe you in my cycling dirt video after the race. It's the worst word you could call anyone, trust me I know.

Anyways, for Derrick, I am really proud of what you have done over the last little bit. You deserve every minute of it and thank you for being there for me. I love you more than ever and see you tomorrow.

NCE

No comments: