Wednesday, August 4, 2010

back to civilization

Well its been a while, no internet , no cable living in the country can do that to a racer.
I got kid of sick after nationals..ok well not kinda, full on bronchitis. So had to skip Fitchburg. But I was due for some rest so we just tweaked it a little to use it as a mid season break...ah so nice.

We also moved to St Andrews West, which is north of Cornwall, so now we are really Country.
But its great, we love our new home. I don't really know who won the Tour as we were totally disconnected for a while.

I ve bee putting in good training, and I've landed on the podium at OBC, Tour of Quebec, Catskills and finished 4th last night at Lachine all well doing high load quality training. Aurelien (that French Guy) is going pretty well, so its been my job to cover late attacks and bring him to the line. No glory for me coming 4th, but the guy knows how to win races so I figure its good as I ve been able to race so incredibly hard as he has been cracking the whip on me that my form is better than it has ever been this time of year and i'm on track to be even better than I was at Beauce, and that was pretty good. Sometimes you almost have a take half a step backwards to get two steps forward.

I m really impressed by the entire team effort at Catskills...guys great job. Aurelien had the jersey and we rode to a tee. Very pro, on the front tempo all day, I cover dangerous moves and the last 15% of everything and drop him off at the line...it was a beautiful site to see the team riding in unity and just shutting down anything and everything. i have to say that the Devils Kitchen climb was tough, I think a race with circuits doing that climb 2 or 3 times would be the coolest though...either that or you may never want to ride again, ahah.
I did come 3rd in the TT, 4th on stage 1, then 4th in GC, lost 3rd by 1 second. I wasn't really that heart broken as I was riding for Aurelien and we won all the stages, the kom and the race, if I would have been selfish I would have jeopardized that. Just like last nite, I had the legs to win, but that wasn't the plan so...

I really enjoyed Lachine last nite, in the rain, it was fun. Really get to test the skills...

Oh yah...Natasha is back racing and somehow was 3rd on Devil kitchen climb...after only riding her bike for three weeks! She really is something, and I think we will all see her reach her true potential this year in Cross...three weeks of training and she finishes 5th overall in this hard ass race...yah that's all I am gonna say. Glad to once again be part of the Dynamic Duo.

D

No comments: