Saturday, June 26, 2010

Edmonton

Today is Natasha's Birthday, as the years go on, somehow she manages to look the same and even though she hasn't been training she still has really nice legs...wait to go her.

Natasha's sister Katherine and her husband Chris, also have something to celebrate as they have just given birth to their first child, baby boy Milo. Which makes her parents grandparents and give us a new nephew.

Hugo won the U 23 ITT yesterday, so now we have a National Champ on our team, nice job Hugo! I opted not to do the TT as I wanted to go shopping and get some B day gifts for Natasha.
No seriously, I considered the racing we 've done, the trouble of packing and bringing the tt bike and accessories, considered the best case scenario and just thought it was better to skip it.

I celebrated a good Tour de Beauce at Louis' House Sunday after the Tour, he bought me a few huge beers and laid out quite the feast for the team at the club house. I was probably about 5 lbs heavier the next day but it was worth it.

So celebrations all around.

We are in Edmonton, relaxing at Comfort Inn. Hotel is ok, except for the curry smell of the Chinese restaurant downstairs.

Edomonton is pretty nice during the summer, it s a alot different than when we came to -13 in October for Cross Nationals.

SO I'd like to say that tomorrow is the big day, but it just doesn't feel like that. It feels like I had a bit of a holiday this week, sleeping, resting, watching reruns of CSI for hours on end. If anything maybe a little too relaxed.

What I've realized this year is that you can create your own reality, whether it be good or bad, so you just have to believe that everything will come together when the time is right.

Thats it.

DSJ

No comments: