Monday, July 13, 2009

Tour of Quebec

So the Tour of Qc went well. Aaron got in the move the first day, came 3rd.
Then he won the TT in the Am, I won crit in the PM.
It was pretty cool as my dad was there to watch and we woke up the next day to see a full page artcle and picture in the Journal de Quebec.

Maybe I was a little too fired up for stage 4 as I attacked from the gun over and over and over and was pretty knackered in the last 3 km's and had the square root of nothing for the finale.

Sunday's course was pretty tough, a 21% gradient climb, short circuit x 17 laps.
We weren't able to capitalize on moving Aron into the green jersey, I went for sprint points and ended up 2nd in the black jersey competition, most combative rider.
We made a slight tactical error I think when I chased a bike reg dude down but it actually made the pace ballistic up the climb and Aaron barely lost contact and no one was interested in helping him re join the front group.
SO I just waited and played my cards in the sprint, I covered a jump then initiated the finale and lost by a bike length to Dionne and Otavio nipped me by a tub for 2nd.

RWR finished up 3rd in the tem GC, I was 5th in GC, 2 3rd's and 2 stages, pretty happy with that.

Thanks to the team for the support and the good efforts.

Tasha is in France...she even learned how to ask for hot water in french and she told me she will get her picture in the local paper as well...the challenge is out!
DSJ

No comments: