Monday, August 9, 2010

WSA

So I know lately our blog has been kind of lame. I haven't really done much with it over the spring as when Natasha was sick, it was really hard to pretend everything was ok. I couldn't really write all these posts saying how everything was good, on the other hand I didn't want to be all doom and gloom.





So the plan is to get things going again as she kicking it up and getting ready to thrash it.


So there should be a lot more updates, anecdotal stories, and twitter updates.





This week was pretty hard for me, came off the Catskills race, then road Lachine, managed to do 5 plus hours in Sterling Thursday, hard computrainer ride Friday, 100 km Saturday, then race yesterday.





I wasn't tops yesterday for sure. Goes back to the 2% rule, you fatigue yourself just a little extra here and there, even just 2%, 3 or 4 times and all of a sudden your down 6%.





It's easy to know, cause yesterday as the race went on I started to come around...unitl the last corner when the only thing that didn't want to come around were the Vittoria's. Great tires, but they are a little temperamental, if they are a little over inflated in the rain, well, it's basically like skating...I should have checked the forecast.





We put Jamie Riggs in the break, and he ended up 4th...just off the podium. I think it's a good step for him, maybe one of the better results in a Quebec race for him? I let him role in the break as he did a great job last weekend rolling tempo, so he got his chance yesterday.





I've been in the break so much over the last few months, I actually forgot how easy it was to sit in the bunch, but the racing was on cusp of negative and I'd rather spend my day in front of the race most of the time.





Near the end though I was able to give some good gas and split off the front with a group , as the race was purely training, we were really hammering coming into the end. It was good to see the character of some of the guys and although we were only going for minor placings, the guys were racing really hard, which in my mind is one of the best ways to learn how to win races, get stronger and try to tear everyones legs off.





So I now this last little bit of a push I'm doing is going to have me going well in September and early in the Cross season. Then I'll be watching the wick on the candle burn til Novemeber.





Here's a shot of Natasha's sisters baby Milo...so cute. We tried to resist holding him, I told Tasha that she could catch Babyitis..but then her sister told her some pretty graphic stories of pregnancy, delivery and breastfeeding so I should be good for a couple years. Anyways being an uncle is a pretty sweet gig, and it's more of a part time thing...

DSJ in West St Andrews

No comments: