Friday, August 13, 2010

Fire

I didn't change the layout of the blog. That was Derrick's idea. Now every time I look at it I have that techno song in my head "I got that fire, fire, fire.......on the dance floor." We'll change the words a bit and say I got that fire on the cross course.

It's very ironic that he put the flames up there as back in my CCU running days our coach use to talk some BS about the burning flame and the fire. I can't remember the whole thing that well cause a lot of things our coach use to say to us didn't make any sense at all. Sometimes I use to think he would tell us such nonsense just to get us fired up before the race and mad at him.

The other day one of my teammates from CCU found some pics from the old days and was able to scan them and put them on facebook. I leave you with some silliness of the week, check out these uniforms from like 1960. Now you probably don't think it's that bad racing a bike in a skin suit, do ya?

I'm in the pic hiding, I think in embarrassment. Also holding our sweats is US Olympic hammer thrower Amber Campbell. The second pic, I'm not in but I wanted to show a picture of our coach. That's him, Coach Connie, at the far left.


No comments: