Monday, August 3, 2009

MTL-QC Classic

For sure it was a classic. Long day, 250 km, 5hr 31 min as well with the distance and the torrential rain. I was off the front in some sort of break for most of the race. Put in a big effort with a Kier and Vives with about 35 km to go...but it got reshuffeled and we were a group of 6. I wanted to attack on the last climb but I couldn't get any traction cause there was so much water running down the road.

I kind of did another move with a few km to go, but I didn't have the strength to ride away.
It was still a good race, I raced my race. I don't really have any excuses. THe guys who beat me did a good job, for sure, so good on them.

Was I disapointed...for sure. Did I want to cry...almost. Did I? no way.
But it was a bit of a bummer.

I guess I wouldn't really change a thing though, cause I race the way I race cause I am who I am.
THat's what drives me, that's what made me get on bike today, after a race like and start working towards the next objective...it's just the way it is.

I had a big crash a few years ago in this race and I'm glad to walk away from this one this year.
I can't say I didn't have a really big lump in my throat everytime I see the sign for Trois Riviers.

Hope teamate Chris is ok, as he hit the deck pretty hard. ALso my LG buddy Hugo apparently broke his collar bone. SO best wishes to my wounded amigos.

Also thanks to all the RWR staff and Kevin Fields ,Paul Smaulders, Sean Wakefield ,Nathan's GF and the lovely Natasha for feeding, driving and logistisizing, this race requires lots of support and these guys and gals did a great job.
There should be more races like this around here, it's the real deal.
DSJ

1 comment:

Keir said...

your race sounds like my race