Friday, August 7, 2009

Switch it up

So we decided to switch it up for a while. With no racing for the next couple weeks, we thought it would be a good time to work some kinks out before September.

So Tash and I woke up and threw on the NB's for a hefty 16 minute run. Funny that I wasn't really breathing hard, but it was slightly painful as I hadn't eat or had any coffee, just a very bizzare feeling in my legs...kind of like cycling without a bike. Reason behind this is slightly masochistic, but anyways, it definetly put the fun in not fun...or I guess put the not in not fun, yah that sounds more like it. I've been trying to deplete myself of all carbohydrates just to see how it feels to run on empty and train my body to use fat as energy...also not fun.

Poor Tasha has to deal with one grumpy boy...sorry, not enough calories, but hey you just have to make yourself hurt every now and then old school cycling style. It's not really the most scientific method, or condusive to performance, but cycling is a weird thing and the body needs to be shocked every now and then to really perform later.

So lookig very forward to chicken Shawarma soon.

DSJ

No comments: