Friday, August 28, 2009

What is the lesson here?

So, some pretty grueling times down at Dynamic duo headquarters. Train, train, train almost coming off the tracks. Man, I feel like I've been hit by a train most mornings. Then I start to feel good after about 3 espresso's, then i go do something like train hard and back to square one.

Bad news, we too are hooked on HBO's Rescue Me series. We borrowed it from the Real Robbie O, yah the guy that almost won the A crit the other night. Well when I say borrow, I mean we took it and left a note note saying we would bring it back next time we come back to bug him.
So we are into season one and this show is awesome.

Today we learned a lesson. We were running at the Cornwall Marina, doing hill repeats, and Natasha threw off her sunglasses cause they were falling off her face. After descending the hill, she realized someone had taken them. I ran after the couple, who said they were collecting empty beer bottles and they said that they did not take them. I ran back to Natasha, then we both ran after the pair, figuring that they were lying to us. This guy told me to F#4K off, then I just wouldn't take no for an answer, he pulled a beer bottle on me and told that he was crazy and he would mess me up. I wasn't really scared, as I've actually been hit with a beer bottle before and it didn't break, good thing I didn't remember when a friend of mine had one broken over his face, as I just remembered that and that was actually really bad, anyways if he was a real bad ass he would have smashed it first then threatened me with it.

So they weren't going to give them back(the sunglasses), until I said the glasses were not worth anything but they were given by someone very special who is no longer with us. That part was not really true, but I thought it was our only shot to get them back without getting a little busted up and the girl finally gave them back for fear that her boyfriend was going to loose it on me.

So the first lesson here is when I originally came up to them and asked about the glasses I should have taken off my glasses, he could lie to me, cause he could not look me in the eyes. Second lesson is don't throw your glasses on the ground. Third lesson is if you want to run fast in a cross race, just pretend like the guy in front of you stole your wife's glasses.

DSJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have smacked the punk in the face. You're probably bigger and more powerful... would have caused great harm.

I can't get over how many punks there are that think they are "tough"...

then I remember - I use to hang around with those punks when I was a teenager...

most are wimps.
these are part of the 5% of "don't give a crap" people that almost drive over us on the roads though... when they are given enough power to really make them dangerous.

So, I would have smacked him one like his momma should have done when they were younger...
Would have left a stain on his brain. So, next time, that little stain would "wake up" in such a situation saying - you will get hit... and he wouldn't have stolen anyone elses glasses.

He/she will most likely steal again. Unfortunately.

Steve Proulx said...

Hey this site got awful pink all of a sudden?

JulieL said...

It was great to meet you this past wkd. Thanks for the use of your course - we had a blast, with a little hurtin'. (um, and you'll notice that one of the barriers is a little droopy - I failed to clear it once:) I'm always pleased with the wonderful riding in the Cwall area. Have a great cyclocross season! And please let me know if I can help with host housing in the New England area. We live just outside of Boston and have a guest bedroom (but driving req'd - ie 45min to Gloucester & RI); I may also have some connections for housing closer to race venue (ie. Maine). Cheers.