Saturday, October 25, 2008

US Gran prix #1, Kentucky-Natasha comes 6th!


So Tasha really put on a great ride today! She rode well and just missed the getaway train. So she just missed out 5th as it came to an exciting sprint finish with Laura van Gilder.

I'm really happy about that, cause she had received some flack about under performing at big races. So she really shined today and I think tomorrow will be similar or better.

Shockingly I had a phenomenal start I was in 4th position on and then faded and faded just out of the top ten when I had a cartographic bonk/blow up / I don't know if I should be dieting this time of the year / spontaneous human combustion and I blew sky high and then crashed on the pavement cause I couldn't see. It was not funny at the time and it was not fun. I am all smiles now, but it was not good.

I still ended up 23rd or something but I rode pathetically the last 4 laps and it was embarrassing. Funny enough even though it was "not good" it's actually the best GP placing for me, so I guess that's Seems like my sprint training has worked really well though so that's good and the starts are way better so that's good now I just have to put it all together and not take my self out.

Back to Natasha. Maybe we some some hoodoovoodoo curse that we can not both race well on the same day. Well if that's what it takes I'd rather have a few awful days like today and suck but get to see her race well, cause she deserves great success.
Maybe I'm biased cause she is after all my Fiance and all, but seriously I'll take one for the team any day to watch her it like she did today. Tasha has worked her butt off for this. She put this cross calender together in February and sacrificed a lot on the road in order to shine this time of year, she put in all training. She worked on her weaknesses and improved her strengths. While I was off having "fun" doing the Tour de Beauce, Rochester and the road stuff she wa in the basement training herself into oblivion on the computrainer.

Alright nuff said. Oh yah our hosts her in Kentucky, Dwayne and Michelle are great.
They helped us out so much, taking our bikes, pitting for us, introducing us to Qdoba and have been absolutely phenomenal. We are quite lucky to have been hooked with them. Dwayne also gave us some ideas of how the Duo could market themselves better next year so we wouldn't have to stress so much about money next year and not be so broke.

DSJ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't think your the only one broke.
I spent well over 30k in the past 3 years doing staged races.
Each stage race cost about 4k to do (travel at around 750 bones and entry around 2000 bones plus hotels for days not racing). Plus hundred milers cost upwards of 900 bones (travel + 200 bones entry fee).
It's damn expensive racing.

The person I most admire for this has to be Marg Fedyna.
http://margsrace.blogspot.com/

She's pretty much been racing for a good 30 years or so. Started out in track then moved into long endurance racing. At the age of mid 40s or so, she kicks butt!

She pretty much sold everything. Comes back to Canada during the spring and summer to work. Saves up enough cash to train in California then heads out for her adventures.
Man, I'd love a life like that.
Just to say fk it to it all. And, live a dream.
Get away from the hustle and bustle of work life. Just race and tour for a while (till it becomes like work, then shift gears into something else).
The planet is a small place travel it. Only her for a short time make a good & meaningful time of it all.

Unknown said...

www1107

christian louboutin shoes
prada handbags
louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
nike shoes
adidas yeezy
converse trainer
coach outlet
longchamp outlet










yanmaneee said...

balenciaga shoes
golden goose
goyard handbags
goyard handbags
supreme outlet
golden goose
golden goose
balenciaga
yeezy shoes
adidas yeezy

Unknown said...

find more information our website about his read review go to this site view website

whereth said...

this website k4h36z1u88 louis vuitton replica handbags replica bags from korea the original source d6p57c6i41 replica designer backpacks replica bags wholesale india replica kipling bags replica gucci bags g1t59s6r66 replica bags sydney