Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a week!

Where to start...I'm just not sure.



I could have written about 20 posts this week...but as it was such a ridiculously busy week, I didn't have time until now...



So, I'll save the best stuff for last and make you read all the boring stuff first.



Monday...getting ready to move..packing...throwing out stuff to the curb. Rented a U-Haul from the Coventry street depot, let me just say not fun. Made reservations on the phone, they couldn't find them, lady treated me like an idiot, said there would be an appliance dolly, shocker to see that they forgot.



Tuesday...Moving day...so I do what any ordinary athlete does before a moving day...a sprint workout at 6:30 in the morning in 5 degree chill. It started out well until , well, my first sprint, my foot came out of the pedal and I went over the bars and used my "so you think you can dance" Twitch flip and managed to destroy leg warmers, vest, skinsuit, booties, derailleur hanger, gloves and left some elbow and butt skin on the tarmac for good measure.



Get home, bleeding all over the place. no worries, I just sprayed liquid opsite on the wound...if you are ever in the mood to "feel the burn" just spray that on an open wound and I can guarantee there will be words coming outa ya mouth that ya moma don't wanna hear.



So 12 hours later, move complete. So we are now living in Cornwall. I thought the riding was going to suck. Well it turns out I guess I never really took the time to ride out there, cause there is actually fantastic riding, lots of rolling hills, tones of wind, little narrow country lanes, it seriously felt like Belgium. Tasha isn't fond of it yet as she tells me riding on my wheel she is either doing 80 watts or 280 watts and that is "not fun".



So back to the exciting news, it's actually in two parts.



I will be racing cross for Stevens Cross. Johnny (Jet Fuel) was kind enough to sign a release for me to ride for the German bicycle company, as they are providing myself and Tasha with bikes and assisting us with accommodations once in Europe.



Also, yesterday Tasha and I signed a deal with Octto, who is helping us "lighten" up our Cross bikes with Octto Carbon bars,stem,seatposts and bar tape. Octto is a long time supporter of Jet Fuel Coffee Cycling Team and I loved the products so much that we agreed that they would be perfect for the Dynamic Duo for Cross. Our bikes will be looking sweet as Octto makes really nice stuff. See the full story below. We are very excited about this partnership.


http://www.octto.com/1/post/2008/09/octto-sponsors-ottawas-dynamic-duonatasha-elliot-and-derrick-st-john.html

We are stopping by Occto to pick up our stuff tomorrow on our way to Michigan for Cross race number 1 and 2...a prelude to Cross Vegas, which will then be followed by Wisconsin Cross...feels like Europe all over again.



OK...that's more news than the whole last month and a half...but that's the way it goes...



DSJ

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you guys should get your butt down south... some good sponsorship down there!
And, some fantastic riding around NC area...

if you're gonna do it, go big!
And go full out!