Friday, September 26, 2008

Vegas Cross-DSJ vs Lance

I have to honesty say that I never thought that would be a title of a blog post, for me.
It's kind of like Vegas never happened, so surreal. Cycling has brought me alot of places, allowed me to experience amazing things, but I think this tops it. You can win a race, you can have a good ride, but really when do you ever...and I say ever get to put the hurt on Lance Armstrong. Granted he's not a Cross racer, I'll give him that but he looked fit,not ultra ripped or anything, but not slouchy either.

So Cross Vegas was the place. 15000 people, poured onto the reservoir bowl to watch this race that was light up, true Vegas style. The place reeked of booze and there was more silicone and fake and bake in the VIP section can you can ever imagine.

I had a fair call up spot since I busted my butt last year getting UCI points. The race obviously started off fast. Finally I found myself with a descent start...not stellar, but much better. I was just a little too far back to make the first group and ended up being in the second group, with none other than Lance Armstrong.

Strangely there were more people cheering for Lance than for me,not really really sure why.
Funny was how they were telling us to "bridge" up to the leading group. Not sure if you've ever tried to pull back 30 seconds from a group of 15 with Ryan Trebone,Geoff Kabush, Johnathan Page and Tim Johnson it's not that easy.

Just as we were actually maintaning a descent gap to the leaders, Lance crashed in front of me and almost took me out. Strangely enough I don't know how he wasn't bleeding cause he ate sh%t on the pavement.

Anyways, once that happened all hopes of catching on were completely exhausted, so I figured I would just ride as hard as I could for as long as I could and hope to come around straglers from the lead group later in the race.

So I spent an hour in front of Lance, in back of Lance, beside Lance and one time even had to chop him to get on a wheel.

We had a good size group going, I couldn't get a hold of any file tread tubulars before Vegas, so both Tasha and I were rolling on Vittoria clincher file treads. Not bad, but not great, I ran em at about 33 psi or so, but needed just a bit more as I fold em a couple times into the corners and thought I was going to also eat sh$t. There were a couple of sections that I had to slow down where I kept folding the tires, so I yo-yoed at eh back of our group for a while, but managed to dig really deep and pass a couple of the guys with a lap to go and got a better place in the group.

You got all these people, crazy loud, chaos, going mental for Lance...calling him Lance, Johnny, all kinds of things...and I'm thinking, I'm gonna beat this guy. So I punched it into the final barriers and ran hard up the hill, really punched it around the tight turns and took risks some corners and sprinted so hard down the final shoot that I thought I was going to die after the race.

There were about 22 times in the race in which I thought, "oh my GOD, this is so hard, why do I do this to myself on a full time basis..." But I know that's what this sport is about , if you don't think that your not going hard enough.

So long story, I could go on for ever about it, my result was descent, as last year I wasn't making money at the big races like this, so there's an improvement,but I need to do even better, and I expect more out of myself. It's a good start but there is a lot of work to be done.

The whole Lance thing though...punching it through the corners like that and dropping him...probably the coolest thing Cross wise that's for sure. It keeps on playing over in my head.
Best part...I know exactly how many watts it took to do it...no I don't...it just took as many as I could make.

Ok, I'm done talking about it...for now. Ten bucks says at some point this year, Tasha is going to freak out and say "enough about Lance I've heard this story a thousand times, get over it, you beat him, get on with your life". I'll just smile...cause I still beat Lance! Nananabooboo(picture me jumping up and down, and running around like a squirel gathering nuts before a winter storm).

It's amazing what 1 large coffee and 1 can of Rockstar can make you do. Maybe the stuff here in the US is more potent.

DSJ

Oh yah, we are in Wisonsin, with yet another wicked host housing family, the Pingles. They have the cutest kids and a jumpy little dog. We are racing tomorow and Sunday.

Just for the record, I hope Lance is clean...cause I beat him. If he is on something, he should ask for his money back. No seriously he is clean, cause he was hurting big time. He told me so he said "man your a beast DSJ"...ok that part isn't true...but I had to embellish the stroy a little.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

cool!
Good on yah!

I just came across another Vegas report... all the big guns where there from Thomas Frischknecht, to Lance, to Adam Craig, to Jeff Kabush (I have never been in a race when he was there nor Lance). I did have a beer with Thomas back at La Ruta 2005 and had a chat with Adam Craig at La Ruta 2006. Fast mofos they are on a mtb!

Give it all yah got! Now is the time to do so!

SSSS said...

Therefore, all we must do is to focus on keeping the house clean and tidy in order to have a healthy and clean environment in the premises of the house. Undoubtedly, cleaning the house is not as simple as it seems because it requires too much effort and hard work. For this reason, looking up to the can play a substantial role in keeping your house clean and tidy. شركة-عزل-خزانات-بعرعر
شركة-صيانة-مكييفات-بالخبر
Now that you’re a busy parent, your home may never be the tidiest one on the block but cleanliness isn't out of reach! Got 10 minutes? شركة-تسليك-مجاري-بالرياض
Attack and clean one area. Have a little more time? Freshen up your whole place in about 40 minutes. Keep things tidy enough with these no-fuss strategies. شركة-كشف-تسربات-المياه-برجال-المع
Undoubtedly, hiring a house cleaning service can play a substantial role in keeping the house clean and tidy. On one hand, it will play a significant role in reducing your workload while on another hand you will be able to have some free time for yourselfشركة-عزل-اسطح-بابها
شركة-تسليك-مجارى-بالظهران
. Therefore, we can say that nothing is more important than paying attention to hiring a maid because it can play a substantial role in making your day to day tasks easier and convenient. Thus, all you must do is to pay attention to keeping your house clean and tidy because it is the best way to relax and calm your mindشركة-عزل-خزانات-بسكاكا
شركة-تسليك-مجارى-بابها

SSSS said...

You can seek help from the maid in Abu Dhabi for keeping your house clean and tidy in the best possible way شركة-كشف-تسربات-المياه-بعرعر
شركة-كشف-تسربات-المياه-بالقطيف
شركة-كشف-تسربات-المياه-بالخبر

SSSS said...

شركة المهندس
Engineer Company

Our once off house cleaning services are very popular and widely used. A once off clean is just that your home will be cleaned by us only once, a deep clean to refresh your home. Engineer Company House Cleaning provides professional once off house cleaning in the County Dublin and the surrounding areas. We are fully insured and highly recommended. شركة-مكافحة-حشرات-بالقطيف
We deal with estate agents, landlords, tenants, management companies and private customers. Our once off house cleaning services are reasonably priced and our work quality will impress even the most demanding customer. شركة-تسليك-مجارى-بالقطيف
Our once off cleaning services are often offered as gifts for Christmas, Easter, birthdays etc. We all have very busy lives and spending hours scrubbing the kitchen or the bathroom is not a desirable option. Honestly, we would all rather spend our free time playing with our children or catching up with family and friends, that quality time is priceless. Our once off house cleaning services are so reasonable there really is no reason to waste your precious time deep cleaning your house, let someone else do the hard work. Engineer Company House Cleaning is only one call away. We are affordable, reliable and professional. We will deep clean your home in no time. شركة-تسليك-مجارى-بالخبر
We can guarantee that all our cleaning products are eco friendly and safe. We use Evans cleaning products only and if you need more information or data sheets for our products you can visit
شركة-تسليك-مجاري-بالدمام
We can assure you that our prices are very competitive. We provide a great balance between high quality work and reasonable pricing. Our once off house cleaning services are not the cheapest around but nor the most expensive. If you own more than one property we can offer you good deals. If you own over 5 properties we can cut our cost by 30%. If you need more information about our package deals for multiple properties please contact us.
-شركة-مكافحة-حشرات-بالخبر
شركة-مكافحة-حشرات-بالدمام

SSSS said...

شركة-تنظيف-بالدمام
شركة-تنظيف-بالخبر

judi slot indonesia said...

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

dewa slot online said...

Thanks, very great post.

dewa slot online said...

Yay google is my queen aided me to find this great site! .

judi slot indonesia said...

Superb read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little investigation on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I located it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

judi slot online uang asli said...

I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thanks!

Mai said...

الجميرة

شركة تنظيف كنب في الشارقة
شركة تنظيف سجادبالشارقة
خدمات الشارقة

skin care said...

Your own invaluable tutorial means a great deal to me and additionally to my office workers.

high domain authority expired domains said...

I beloved as much as you will obtain performed right here. The comic strip is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. high domain authority expired domains

deraz said...

خدمات دبى – النجم
كهربائى فلل فى دبي
اعمال الكهرباء بدبي