Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tasha takes win #3 in Sun Prairie Wisconsin

SO Tasha finally learned how to spray a bottle of Champaign...funny she asked me how to do this a few days ago in Nevada. Once again Tasha rode brilliantly, carving corners, and accelerating hard up hill inclines and slowly grass sections. She did manage to biff it just a little in one corner, but it's cause she's pushing the limits a little and it's good. I think she was really happy to redeem herself after her race in Vegas, in which she had a problem with her shoe being too tight and cutting off the circulation. It's amazing what we do under pressure.

Today, for me, not so good. I don't know what I was thinking, I thought file treads would work well today, but pumped em a little too much after the Vegas tire folding kerfuffle. Man I rode absolutely awful, either in spite of this or despite I don't know what. I stopped to let pressure out of my tires, it sill wasn't right. So went to the pitt, switched wheels, but somehow the front tire was way too soft and the cones were loose and it just went on and on. So, I am sad to say I pulled the plug. After a season of telling the Jet Fuel kids to never quite, or surrender I had to swallow my pride and just pull it, cause I was not in a good place and I was digging a hole.

Not to mention that I was riding so bad I wouldn't let this guy by me, he started swearing at me, passed me then he biffed it so hard...but it gets worse, I had no where to go, but over him and I rode over his arm, then somehow managed to ride over his bike. This is once again something that I can't even tell you how it happened, and if I didn't do it, I would not have thought that it was possible. I hope the guy is ok. I for sure didn't do it on purpose, I'm not mean of a guy. It was just one of those days, where you become your own worst enemy, my bike was not great, but even worse was my mind which could not deal with it. So called it a day, had a pulled pork sandwich and watched Tasha get a sweet pay day and spray champaign over the announcers.

I guess that's the good part of being part of the Duo, if I have a bad day she pulls through and everything is ok. Not to get too melodramatic, but I'm a lucky man that's for sure.

Euro style (with cool euro accent) "today was not good, I was not at one with my machine, tommrow I make sure it is better and I expect to be on a good day ".

OK, nough bout that. Not only did Tasha win, but our host Jim, came second in his race and almost won it and his daughter won her volleyball game and came 3rd in the tourney and his son won his football game, so I guess we can't have everyone do well on the same day.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I had no where to go, but over him and I rode over his arm, then somehow managed to ride over his bike."

That's pretty damn funny!
I remember 2 years back at Paris Roubais, Glen R wiped out and the next thing yah know a couple of us had to use him as a human bridge!
Friggen funny it was (I'm sure it wasn't so funny to Glen though, ouch! But, he managed without much flesh damage...).

pretty cool you folks are way down south.
It's where the action really is. The pool of riders bigger, the dollars definitely bigger (There are a couple of mtb races down there with pots full of about 20 thousands bucks! Sweet! Never see that up here, not in a million years. Christ, I remember trying to organize a good ol grass roots race with a pitch in of just 45 bucks a person winner takes all.
Nope... about 3 people wanted to do it, the rest said -"I ain't paying that much for someone else to take the pot". Huh! Too risk adverse I guess. I'm not sure what the hell it is. We have the terrain, but the bureaucracy/bullshit impedes it all...
I love racing down south.
Fantastic trails, great riders (we have fantastic riders up here as well!), and great take home (I'd typically come in 20-30something out of about 400 people and still manage to take home a small trinket worth about 40 bucks... lots of sponsorship bucks down there!)

Enjoy. Sounds like you folks are having a blast.
Life is short. Live it up!
(let'r rip the rubber off your rim!)

Jim said...

D & N,

Thanks again for a great weekend. We totally enjoyed hosting you guys, during your trip "way down south," per the previous comment) First time I've heard anyone refer to Wisconsin as "down south" --we're usually "up north." Everything's relative, hey?

Anyway, hope you had a safe trip home. Keep in touch.

Your sandbagging Wisconsin friend,

Jim