Monday, September 1, 2008

Labour day

I have to say that I was pretty happy to have this Sunday roll around, as it was the last day of a rather large month of training and mix in some "jogging" and some Cross specific Technique...it kinda hurt.



Not to mention we are having to go through our stuff and sort out what we want to keep as we are moving in 2 weeks. Not only are we moving our stuff into my parents basement, but we then leave for a two week journey which takes us to Michigan, Chicago, Las Vegas, Sun Prairie Wisconsin and every where in between on the way back from WI. Yeah I know, gonna be a buy time, so needless to say my garage sale that I was going to have today fell through. Instead I just put a whole bunch of stuff to the curb, and living in Sandy Hill some of the students were more than happy to pick up a beaten up coffee table, 20 lbs printer and a vacuum cleaner.



I get two days off the bike before I get into the chunk of training. Which doesn't look that bad on paper..well...ok yeah it does, but that's just the way it iz.



The Cross bike is sorta dialed in. I eat dirt a few times doing our Strathconna Cross Thursday mornings but it's kinda funny when I do. I have to say though so far my least favorite part of the transition into cross has been a day like yesterday, do the training, blah blah blah, then 5 hours later jump on the cross bike, ouch. Those barriers that I made out of tree trunks seem so high, not to mention that the heat was making me want to vomit. Fun.

Having a few weeks off racing, it's pretty sweet to just go out and hammer. I got to ride with Aaron Fillion on Saturday, he is one of my favorite people to ride with. We generally just ride side by side and increase the power to a barely tolerable level for as long as we can hold it and eventually either we crack one another or we get yelled at by the people on our wheels that don't enjoy riding above 50 km/hr. Saturday we managed to get it up to 56km/hr on the tail end of the ride, man that must have really hurt if anyone was closing gaps behind, cause I actually forgot where I was for minute. Aaron and I were chatiing about training, geeky power numbers and the cross approaching season.

Feels weird to be talking Cross when its so hot outside that you feel the sun scorching your skin, but Nationals are 6 week away, so you gotta be focused...


Here is one of my all time favorite pics of the "local races" last year. Ottawa loves CX baby.
DSJ

No comments: