Monday, January 18, 2010

untitled

I have no title for today's post. Yesterday we watched Roubaix World Cup on Cycling TV...man what a mess! That is the hardest Cross race I've ever done. It was alot easier to watch it with a coffee after I emptied the tank on the trainer in the am. We watched the womens race first..we even woke up early to do so...I know we are huge nerds! Was inspiring to see Nash win a WC, just goes to show you that once you get to a certain level, you have to put a little more direction in what you do to really shine. I love seeing the joy when people like that win, you can always tell that their victory is true and pure. I'll even go as far as saying that I was inspired to push just a little harder yesterday, as I thought about June. I didn't really make it hurt any less, it just made it tolerable.

One chunk of training done, today is a little easier and we end the week with a winter training camp in Quebec City where we will meet up with Louis, Christian and the boys.

I was able to squeeze in 60 km outside Saturday, not bad for a Canadian winter.

Alfie's back with Sens, Olympics around the corner, another chunk of training coming up....just enjoying things.
D

No comments: