Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Season Greetings

Well I guess we were about due for a post, so I'll give you the word on what's happening down at the Dynamic Duo Headquarters. It's a a crazy time of year...sike. It's so nice to not be racing right now...yah I'm sure I'll miss it in a few months, but It's been 3 years since we've had a proper build for the season.

I probably said this before, but our idea to have a vacation was awesome. Man if you've had a long season, take a holiday, don't bring your bike and have some boat drinks and fry like a piece of bacon on the beach. Just let it go. You'll feel so much better after. It did us so much good and really allowed us to spend some stress free time together. Think we will both benefit on the long term benefits of just not being such nerds. Seriously. I think think every training book should say...end your season, take a vaccation, get a life, have fun...then you can start back. That's not to say training and racing isn't fun, but it's not the same. Other than that we are feeling great and things are great.

I've taken on a few people that I am helping coach/guide towards their objectives. That's kind of fun for me to get to share what info and experiences I have gained through the years and diffuse it to others to help them achieve their goals.

We've also made a small change in coaching as well. Although we really enjoyed Dan's coaching and approach to it, we needed someone a little closer, especially as Tasha won't be racing a whole lot during the summer, she'll benefit from a watchful eye. So Dan is handing the reins over to Glen Rendall.

Glen has been my go to guy over the years anyways, so it's a pretty easy switch and at this point we know what kind of training has to be done, what type when, ect and we are a lot more focused on key events through the year, it's just good to get a little objective help.

So we've planned a few training camps and layed out the objectives and everything. It's so cool to have all this done, be over that first couple weeks of soreness from the weights and it's not even X mas, man I almost feel organized this year, I even have my contract signed, my bikes are ready, Louis is sending me the preliminary design on the kits, we just just got word of a new additional sponsor, which is going to be really hot (in more ways than one). I feel like I usually do in March, and it's not even Janurary so that's a great sign for the road season. As I said, my focus this year will mainly be road. But if we have a "Cross Contingency Plan" casue you never know, an injury, a bug or a call from God to spread the word of the Lord can just happen at any minute so I have a backup plan if the s hits the fan so to speak and am sidelined through the summer...

Other than that just enjoying not having to leave to leave the house and figuring out some gifts
for Tasha. It's nice to be home. AS the next two years we will be away, so we'll just cram it all in this year. I hope that means I get my 2011 gifts...sweet.
DSJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!