Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Are you here for the weight loss?

So check this out....We go to gym yesterday. I tell the girl we are here for the deal (10$ membership). "What deal" she says..."are you here for the revolutions weight loss clinic?".
"DO I LOOK LIKE I NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT?" I say.

Man...I guess our down time plumped us up! Usually when I see people during the season they ask me if I'm ok, cause they say I look very gaunt. I guess not riding your bike and mowing down Mojitos and tacos for a week can do wonders for your waist line.

So that's my funny story. So I guess our season was over after Southampton. Tasha thought it was time to call it quits and I agreed. I knew I was tiered, as I hadn't really been into updating our blog and training had been mediocre at best for the last couple weeks.

So here's my take on my season. I'm happy with it, a few podiums, some great rides and best of all, I was really able to push the limits as far as technique and strangely enough over the last couple weeks, it was actually more fitness issues than technique.

So I've signed a contract for next year with Garneau Team and set out my objectives. The roster is pretty much finalized and it's a super strong team and our schedule is pretty conducive to my goals in 2010. I did have a few amazing offers, but how could I say no when LG has definitely taken care of us this year and their commitment to back Tasha for MNT and Cross is a dream come true for her as well.

We've had our vacation and it's time to ease back into the prep for 2010. Man this is the first year I will have a nice prep period before the road season. Doing back to back seasons can only take you so far before you need to put the "work" back in to get you to the next level. For me, taking some time to build again will be key into reaching my objectives next year, as I plan to focus primarily on the road and a very condensed cross season, maybe 6 race weekends that's it.

I feel like this year I didn't really decide if I was going to commit to Cross or Road but after evaluating my performances, objectives and results it's pretty clear the path I should take.

I think it will be good , as Spring and Summer will be for me and the Fall and Winter for Tasha.
It may be a little weird to be on opposite schedules, but I will come into Cross Full on and float until the wheels fall off.

So I may have forgot how much squats and dead lifts hurt...but I still don't think I look like someone who needs to loose 20 lbs!

DSJ

Thanks to everyone who supported us this year and who offered to help support a trip to Europe, but I'm pretty sure Tasha will have to cross the pond a few times next year, so she'll be back to harass you then. In the mean time I know the Canadian Juniors are headed to Worlds and if you feel the need to help out some cross racers I'm sure they would appreciate it. Don't get me wrong, if you want to send us an X mas card with some brown backs no prob, but I know next year we'll be hard up to send Tasha to Europe twice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you might mean "green backs". Brown backs are soiled underwear...!