Sunday, September 19, 2010

Star Crossed

So we are just about to hit the hay, but I ll give a little blurb.
Got the new bikes Wednesday, i built both of them as the factory couldn't get them to us in time built, so i did em. Shit, ever build 2 bikes in a day, then take em apart and pack 4 bikes before a flight...long day.
Flew out to Seattle Thursday, paid an insane amount for bikes...can t even think about it makes me nauseous.
It's always raining here in Seattle, but it;s a really cool place. We are on Lake Washington, great view from he third level of our hosts house...who are really nice and generous, I feel like I live here.
Had the best Sumatra Aged coffee..so good.
Tasha raced first, opted for "normal" tires, but she crashed then grabbed the other bike with the muds and she was good, finished 5th, i think it will be up from here. She was happy with that as she s been away from racing all year so not quite sure how it would go.
http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/237604-10-NACT-1-Star-Crossed-2-Rad-Racing-GP/video/356410-Natasha-Elliott-Post-Star-Crossed
I somehow managed to get my glove caught in a cassette or chain on the first lap crash, after i recovered, i put down what I would say was one of my better "muddy" rides, as i was 10-15 seconds behind a close battle for third, after I had to claw my way back from 20th or so.
I'm happy with this. I think i ll sleep well i ll take lucky 7 for the first one.
Im just not happy with the laundry and bike cleaning that will have to be done.
Star Crossed is an awesome race, wicked fans, awesome atmosphere, lots of fans cheering their brains out, good times. Have to say though racing at 8pm Pacific time is not easy though...i m more of a morning person.
K bye , I will eat some cabbage and go to bed.

2 comments:

msysing said...

Nice work you two! You both put the hurt on against some awesome riders! Good luck in your next race!

Cheers,
Mel

Robbie O said...

Nice work kids!!