Friday, September 3, 2010

For pleasure or pain

SO big little chunk of training done. My sisters wedding reception is tonight so I have a well deserved "off" day. Lately I've not been scared to really push the training a bit more and when I need to be off, I just take a day or two until I'm fired up and ready push myself extremely hard. For me this approach seems to be working pretty well, we'll know for sure in a few weeks.

Tash and i got out the other day to teach a beginners level Cross Clinic. I was surprised hoe hard it was to explain things and pic certain techniques apart, I mean I don't really think about jumping on or off it just happens...but it took a few years to make it effortless that's for sure, I remember plenty of bruises to the groin.

We're doing a more int/advanced clinic Monday. I have some surprises for that one.
Technique aside, in some ways Cross training hurts so much more than anything. You got an hour put all the suffering in to. I make myself do workouts that hurt really bad, but eventually I'm able to find the pleasure in the pain and them I'm on.

I read something the other day that I thought was interesting...the athlete says..."do the intervals have to be that hard?" Coach says"well in general to win in cycling it is hard, if you are not prepared to do this, perhaps this sport is not for you". Really there's not much more I can say.

Sometimes when I hear about the "sweet burn" I think of drink a nice glass of lemonade...but to me most of the time you gotta eat raw limes...the sweet pain is good but the sour pain separates the best from the rest.

DSJ

No comments: