Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh CArolina

Well we made it to South Carolina a few days ago for the training camp.
I never really understood why so many people came here, but the riding is really good.
Where we are in South Caolina, we can easily ride into North CArolina and the other day we even did three states in one day crossing into Georgia. http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/sc/six-mile/244126766523338990
I uploaded the ride if you want to check it out, almost 1600 meters of climbing, and my watch turned off for a bit so....
It's a littel cooler than usual, but apparently the nice weather is coming. Today I got a lift down the road then rode up and down Ceasers Head mountain a bunch of times and then rode home and then rode some more.

There's 13 people in the the house, a bit of an aminous number so we're throwing salt over our shoulders and not walking under ladders.

We've got a few of the Quebec guys here and a couple guys from BC, and a few other riders from Quebec so it makes for a good sized group and there is enough testosterone that I can punch it and there is always someone who will duke it out with me.

It's funny how fast 5 hours go by with a group of guys at a good tempo. It's a great way for me to be getting in lots of quality, quantity and a little Vitamin D. I wish Tasha could come along but her stomach has been giving her some grief still and she's just taking it day by day.

I'm sure it's hard for her to see me training my brains out and she wishes she can do the same. But in someway I think it will inevitably lead to her cross season being even better as it's not quite time for her to be training full gas.

Anyways, tommorow is a meet and greet with the people from I-bike so it should be like Christmas!
DSJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Derrick...don't have your email address at home. friend of mine, Fred...wants an SRM, still got yours for sale? he's a 172.5mm crank arm, told him about yours, he's keen. drop me an email wgmacd1976 "at" rogers.com

later, enjoy the rays!

W

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

want good riding - do the carribean in feb...

Hills like you have never seen.

Dominica - the island - is a complete bitch of huge huge climbs...
little traffic on the far end of the island.

Tortola offers up some really really good climbs.

St Lucia offer a btch match...

I'm not sure why more riders don't choose to goto the carribean in the winter!!!

I did 10 islands in 10 days last year.
I was pretty much the only cyclists!!!

The best is ending the entire ride at Peuto Rico... Start from the old castle to the rain forest climb ... 13kms of climb climb climb... friggen the best view going...

eggcellent!

Contact: gatevent@gmail.com

for next year...