Tuesday, March 17, 2009

D.A.N Camp



Nice and Sunny in C WAll





THe drive way is slanted, Tasha is not that much taller...


What is D.A.N camp?



Well thanks for asking, although it sounds like band camp, it's nothing like that...it's actually the brain Child of Derrick And Natasha and coach Dan Proulx, get it.


It basically involves taking advantage of the great weather to make up on some lost time on the saddle and get some good endurance in before Batenkill's 200km of agony.


We did a great couple rides on the weekend and as weather permits us, have extended some courtesies to get some miles in the legs.


Like I've said before there is some wicked riding out here. And when you have 150 km ish to do, you get a good mix of open roads, rolling hills, farm lanes, gravel paths and scenic ride along rivers and a few small lakes. The great thing is because I grew up here, I have a pretty good bearing of where we are and we can just hammer down a Concession road or two if we get off track of our destinations. It's pretty cool cause anytime we hit the gravel I look over and Tasha comes from out the draft and challenges me a little on the rollers. We were actually on a road today that was getting grated and put the cross skills to use to jump over 6 inches of loose gravel here and there.


So it's basically like doing a mini training camp here in Cornwall, it sounds lame, but it's actually really productive and we don't have to leave any comforts of home and best yet....the price is just right. Although we, well I did manage to shred up a local group ride by accident the other day, sorry guys. I swear I thought I wasn't going hard. Also I try to tell Tash some of the history of the Scottish Highlands and show her that I'm really actually a well diversified person....but I don't think she really cares about my andecdotal stories of the land...oh well, maybe one day...





I feel a little bit like a storm chaser , as we have been glued to the weather network, to optimize the warmth of our rides. But it comes at a perfect time with a few weeks of really hard trainer rides, speed drills and threshold work, we couldn't have asked for anything better.



As well, I'm loving my new Opus Vivace(Thanks RWR,OGC and Charles) and a few modifications we made in my position and set up are great. The bike is super stiff where it needs to be but absorbs the bumps really well. For me the test usually comes with some tempo kind of riding on bad roads, you really need to feel like the bikes gives in the right ways and it sure does.


Hopefully the weather cooperates tommrow as well, supposed to rain,but just maybe we can beat most of it.


Oh yah Happy Birhtday Linda Elliott, Tasha's mom, we hope you enjoy your trip to England...



No early season ride is complete without stopping at least once to adjust something that "doesn't feel right" for the Tash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found biking in Cornwall hellish...
I'm heading out that way in about a month to the NavCanada center.
Plan to head out to Lake Placid. Love the adirondacks!!!
If I were you folks, I'd be over that bridge every day... its getting over the bridge that is kind of painful (no where to bike!)

Love the big wide shoulders on the other side (USA).
I think it is highway 30?
To watertown.
Love that highway!

Heck, aren't you folks just 75-85k away from Lake Placid?

How sweet that would be.
adirondacks has to be one of America's biggest preserved parks.

Just love it in there...

Unknown said...

nike air max, nike free, louboutin pas cher, mulberry, nike roshe run, sac guess, lululemon, kate spade outlet, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, kate spade handbags, vans pas cher, burberry, nike air max, michael kors, sac longchamp, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, north face, coach purses, vanessa bruno, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, air force, hollister, michael kors, coach outlet, nike roshe, replica handbags, new balance pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike blazer, hermes, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, lacoste pas cher, timberland, hogan, north face, michael kors, true religion jeans, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, air max