Saturday, March 7, 2009

Adeno what?

Knock knock.
Who's there?


Adenoviridae



Adenoviridae who?


Adenoviridae who is

gonna make you

sick, ha!

....I'm gonna find a new home in your tonsils and make your life hell for a week or until your body is strong enough to bust up my DNA. I've got 52 different flavors of strands which you have probably not been exposed to since you have been out of the "childcare" loop.
Kids carry me in there lungs and I need to find a better home. Your tonsils look like the perfect place. You'll think that I'm Strep, but joke on you buddy, antibiotics, go for it, they can't touch me. Best of all you can't even prove that I'm in you without doing a ridiculously expensive test most likely. I'll wait until your sleeping and I'll make your tonsils sswweeelll and make you choke on your own saliva.

So that's all I have to say about this week, I'm not sure who invented ibuprofen, but I'm pretty glad he or she did, cause that's my only help for my swollen tonsils. I went to a local establishment to have them "viewed", a lot of help this guy was, he told me I had a virus, no really you are brilliant, I already knew that, I went to see if we could do anything about the fact that I wake up every hour cause my airway collapses and my engorged tonsils fill up my airway...take it up with your family doctor.

He didn't really seem to care that I couldn't breath at night, I guess I thought that was a big part
of the ABC's of medicine, surely they haven't changed those rules, I've only been gone for 6 months.

Health care professional? Maybe they should change the name to "people who look at you when you are sick and tell you things that you already know". Cause this person obviously didn't care. I can say all this because I am a nurse.

DSJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 item of defence - HONEY!!!

Since I have taken honey, I hardly ever get sick (knock on wood).
It has
An Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal
properties...


http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=96

yet, the bee is dying off (probably from pestcides and such)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/07/eveningnews/main3919204.shtml

I swear by it.
If I stop taking it, even for a day, I get sick.

Unknown said...

nike air max, nike free, louboutin pas cher, mulberry, nike roshe run, sac guess, lululemon, kate spade outlet, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, kate spade handbags, vans pas cher, burberry, nike air max, michael kors, sac longchamp, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, north face, coach purses, vanessa bruno, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, air force, hollister, michael kors, coach outlet, nike roshe, replica handbags, new balance pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike blazer, hermes, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, lacoste pas cher, timberland, hogan, north face, michael kors, true religion jeans, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, air max