Saturday, December 29, 2007

Things happen is 3's

So I haven't posted in a few days and my parents are probably woundering if I'm okay. Yes, I am OK. Had a great race at the world cup considering being almost last around the first corner, managed to find some holes to run around lots of riders. Ended up 26th and only 4 minutes back from the winner. Not to shabby for my first World Cup ever and my second year of racing cross.
Yesterday was suppose to be my final race for our trip but it did not fly. I'm pretty bummed as I wanted to have a good start and improve on my top 13th position. I went to pre-ride the course and this lasted about 4 minutes before I broke my wrist. The first section was super muddy, like soup for 100 metres. Nobody could ride it so you had to run through it and run up a fly over and then jump on your bike and go down it into soup mud again. As I was going down the ramp I noticed I wasn't going directly into a grove and I change my line. Big mistake, as soup mud isn't really forgiving when hitting it fast off a down hill. I flipped over my bike and landed on my wrist. It immediately swelled up and I was unsure if I should race or not. My decisions were mainly based on me ending on a good note. I thought having a great world cup was good to end with, and maybe if I raced again I would be okay but if I was crashing all over the place because my wrist couldn't hold my handle bars tight, I would be pretty upset. After a few more hours the decision was probably really smart, my fingers started to look like someone blew air into a rubber glove and my wrist looked pretty warped.
Wendy had an awesome race yesterday and was super close to her first european podium ever. I definitely think she will have podium spot before her trip is over. As Derrick posted before, my other housemate Barb Howe, who's racing women's elite wasn't racing as she was injured at the world cup. She had surgery and was back the other day in full spirits. Derrick and I both wish her a super speedy recovery. As a joke yesterday I bought her a Erwin Vervecken mug. She actually knows him as she spent a weekend for a race in the same host housing.
So now Nathan Chown (who is also in the house with us racing men's elite) has a broken wrist, Barb has a torn achilles tendon which was re-attached, and I have a broken wrist. We have hopefully completed are list of things happening in 3's.
Derrick did the race yesterday, and raced really well for the annoucers missing his call up and starting dead last on the line. He moved through the pack and started riding better and better as each lap went on by. He's kind of sick, yeah sick in the head, but also sick with a cold and refusing to stop racing. Now he is says he is going to race again today which I think is pretty stupid. But who am I to say or know better. He's the nurse, who didn't think my wrist was that bad until he took the time to look at it. Never think nurses are the most caring people when it comes to injuries or illnesses!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, michael kors, replica watches, longchamp, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, burberry outlet online, nike air max, replica watches, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike free, tiffany and co, uggs on sale, louboutin outlet

Unknown said...

montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, lancel, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, moncler, gucci, canada goose, links of london, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, barbour, canada goose, karen millen, vans, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, pandora charms, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, ray ban, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, toms shoes, replica watches, converse outlet, canada goose outlet, canada goose, barbour jackets, moncler, swarovski crystal, hollister, moncler, ugg boots uk, marc jacobs, swarovski, louis vuitton, converse, doudoune canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, moncler
ninest123 16.03