Saturday, December 8, 2007

December Update

So here we are in Rhode Island waiting to race this 'avro. Just thought I would write a little blurb to let everyone know what is happening.

NB draw....ticket sales are going pretty well, if we had another week or two I think we could have sold them all. I must have given my ticket blurb over 200 times...you know that feeling you get when you tell a story over and over...yah well I'm to the point where I annoy myself when I hear my voice. Oh well...could be worse.
Everyone at work has been especially supportive and it's great to see so many people step up and help us out. It's awesome to be supported by so many people who have confidence in us. Also Natasha's family has been pushing tickets to everybody from Bellville to Calgary. Word on the street is some guy at The Royal Bank bought a whole bunch and is giving them out at his X-mas party as gifts...nice.

Racing...The picture above is last weeks -17C race in Ottawa...fun as it was not sure how many times a year I would want to do that. Thank God we chose Cross and not Cross Country skiing.

Tasha is riding the trainer right now in our hotel room as we get ready for the last official race weekend of 2008. We calculated that Since October we have spent almost 100 Hours in the car together traveling to races...OMG! We have had some pretty interesting conversations. Some not so interesting, some near death experiences and I'm pretty sure a couple times she wanted to decapitate me! If looks could kill, well there would be no blog.

So today should be good, probably about 40 degs F or so once we race so thats about 6-7 degs C by the time we race. Looking forward to putting everything together today.
DSJ

No comments: