Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cross Clinic

We held our first Cross Clinic tonight. It was fun. A few people showed up just to check out the new bikes, that's pretty cool. We just gave a few tips and rode around with the guys from the area who showed up. It was also one first events held in conjunction with the new bike shop that just opened in Cornwall, Total Cyclery and Sports, on Pitt street. And yes they will be carrying some cool LG gear, that Tash and I have the pleasure of testing.

Bikes are getting dialed in. We did have to stop about 35 times today to adjust Tasha's seat post, but hey I had mentally prepared myself for the Tasha vs new bike Syndrome. I lost my patience a few times, but I just think "Serenity now, Serenity now". It's not her fault she just has to have all the measurements right, I'm a little bit more slack an I just go by feel a little bit more. Everyone is different, for me it's more about things like my brakes, I have been known to spend way too much time getting them just right. But if we used my go by feel approach to everything, well we'd probably miss the start of most of our races.

Other than that, some of the LG stuff we are testing is really great. We will be using the Merino Wool Long cuff socks . They are perfect, nice and long, cover the tan lines, thin but not too thin, nice cuff, breathable perfect for this time of year. You know socks are a big deal to me. Some of the worst decisions I have ever made revolve around socks...seriously.

I don't quite know if Cornwall was ready to have the Duo cruising around town in Pink kits though...I have been getting some interesting feedback..like "My wife said she saw someone on a bike, bouncing around at a traffice light" then Tash just turn around and looked at me.

Yah I guess that's me I've been bouncing around a little, trying to get the timing right for the double barrier jump, it's a learned skill. I didn't teach that one at the Clinic tonight though, that one you gotta pay for...haha.

DSJ

No comments: