Wednesday, May 13, 2009

10 more and counting

As the days go by and the road season is full on it's way, I'm trying to be a more regular "blogger". I'm not one for posts and don't like to write the same things over and over again "training hard, racing hard, getting sick now and again". Yes everyone knows we train hard, get sick once in awhile and then bounce back and get some wins. Bike racing is not the easiest sport. And sometimes when you feel like you can have a great race and everything is there it doesn't all pan out that way.

Speaking of sickness (yeah I said I wouldn't talk about this) but 10 more penicillin pills to take. Dam, I can't wait for Saturday morning when I don't have to swallow anymore of them. I actual. I figured it would be good for Derrick and I both to miss it this week and take out 3 hourly took them out of the container this morning and counted how many were left. The strep is gone and I'm starting to feel good again. I must say I missed doing the park loop last night thoughs of travel from the week. We only spent 14 hours in the car to do one race this weekend, isn't that enough!

Did a sprint workout instead last night, first one of the year. Not a short sprint workout, but long stuff. They were thirty second sprints and pretty hard to finish them. Our new coach told us the other day that Tuesday's should be the day to work on our weaknesses, whatever we had trouble with from the past weekends race. Sounds good, down hill 60 km/hour 30 second sprints, that's what we did in C-wall last night. The lady walking with her I-pod on the road must of thought we were mental. The two of us side by side (okay maybe not for the whole 30 seconds as I can't sprint as hard as Derrick) grunting down the middle of the road at 60 k.

Tonight we are going to do the local TT. C-wall has TT's every Wednesday and Thursday night, different distances each week. And for the www.resultsCHECKERS.com out there, you won't be able to find the results of how fast Derrick went, so don't waste your time. That's the best part, tonight for me its just my road bike, a set of deep dish wheels, no disc, no arrow helmet or even arrow bars for that matter. Why, well my key race of the year is the UCI stage race in PEI. We're not allow to use anything areo for the TT there so what better way to pratice but in my own back yard. What's even better is I'm sure the winds out in Cornwall are pretty close to how the winds are in PEI.

Other than that, this weekend I'm going to the stage race in Quebec (Ste-Raymond). I think it is pretty important that I keep on racing with my teammates to prevent things like this past weekend from happening again. Although I did want to go to Niagara to do the O-cup as I was really itching to do a hard 2 minute climb lap after lap, but I guess that would be training my strength. Climbing really isn't my problem, so I'll have to pass on this race this year. Ste-Raymond should be fun, two 80 + km races with and 8 km TT sandwiched in between the two all put together on Saturday and Sunday. This 8 km TT I will be using a TT bike, speaking of it, it is calling my name to set it up. Gotta go.

NCE

No comments: