Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend wrap up-Tasha wins in St Martine!

Well I (Derrick) didn't exactly have the greatest week, as I think I was a little tiered from the Battenkill affair and still trained hard , then scrambled to put the bike together for Almont Roubaix at the last minute. I did have a bad vibe when I showed up to the Almonte Race and a) the number I was supposed to have was 113...I'm a little superstitious, so I pond it off on Vince.
Then my cassette came loose, progressively during the race then was completely apart by the time I finished and I was only able to use 2 gears. In retrospect I should have taken a wheel from a teamate, but hey who knew the cassette would do that, not me. I think the only feeling worse than going so hard you want to puke is not being able to go hard casue your scared your bike is going to fall apart. A little unfortunate as it was an event shich would have been nice to win, for the team, but let's just say it's not the be all end all of my season.

I pouted for a few minutes on the drive home then had some Indian food that was so spicy my bowels may never be the same and a chocolate chip cookie and I'm over it.

For me though, it was still a good weekend, staying with the Orange's, sounds like a reality TV show, but it was cool to hang with the guys and drink espresso. Also things had been a bit shaky with Vince and I for a little while and I went into see him Saturday and I feel like were good again, which is important to me, cause the guy(and all the Cyclery crew) has (have) done tones for both Tash and I over the years and I try to take pride in not only being a super fast bike games guy, but I care about the path I take to get there. I mean sometimes shit's gonna happen right, and people are gonna get pissed, but I try to stay on the luke skywalker side of the force. Lord knows there has been so much gossip about this and that these days that it's hard to not get mixed up in it all.

I kind offind it funny after a less than stellar race, or mechanical, the people around me always tell me "nice job", don't sweat it, or some great cliche about a learning experience and true enough there is often a lesson to be learned, maybe not one that's gonna change my life or anything, but just kinda part of life. Maybe what the people say isn't necessarily going to be life changing, but at least they care enough give you a pat on the back or slap on the ass.

So I just talked to Tasha and she won the ST Martine race, off the front for 25km with another girl and just took it in the sprint. Shit yah! She said she only won by an inch or two, I said that's all you needed to win by. Good thing about being part of the Duo, we always have two shots at winning, so as I guess I 'll cancel my prescription for zoloft cause I'm over my 25 min depression. Her team was really happy and she had a smile in her voice and although it was nice for me to have me time this weekend, I have to say that I did miss her.

She must have won that one for her Father, Maurice as it is his B day today, happy birthday Maurice.

Good on Tasha for getting the first one. Now I gotta pony up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need some info - I have to get from Ottawa to Cornwall and back in one piece....

Did you bike it yet?

What is the most direct/safest route?

How long does it typically take ?

if you can send me this via:
gatevent@gmail.com

much appreciated