Friday, January 25, 2008

Up to by DSJ

So just in case anyone is wondering what we have been up to...

Tasha is still "damaged" her cast stinks so bad that sometimes when we are sitting on the couch I get a whiff of it and it reminds me of a stale box of "bits and bites" fried bacon and wet dog combined. So let's just say I'm not sure who is more anxious to get it taken off. Also she has not done any dishes for weeks, or made any food, she just looks at me with puppy dog eyes, raises her cast and says I can't.

I have been insanely grumpy, losing weight, not fun. I am in Shwarma withdrawls...they said smoking was hard to kick,not like I smoke, but if it's harder than giving up Shwarma Palace chicken platter, man thank you baby Jesus that I never started!

So I am almost content with my manorexia. Hopefully it will pay off later this year. I know it may not seem obvious, but when I was in Europe, I was looking around at the start line and this voice said "You are 10 lbs too heavy to race these guys". I wanted to tell the person to F off, until I realized it was my own voice. So instead of making excuses, I had to take matters into my own hands and take some goodness out of my mouth. I'm so friggin sick of eating carrots and celery...not to mention it would be nice to be full, but I just remeber how bad I got my ass kicked in Europe and I cut up some more celery and pour a tall glass of water...mmmmmm oh how I love vegetables.

So other than that....You have to watch "The Peaceful Warrior" with Nick Nolte, he looks kinda ruff, not sure if he's on the wagon or out of rehab, but this movie is about a gymnast and it's actually suprisingly good. There are pretty intense moments in the movie and it has to have some of the greatest quotes ever for athletes.

"A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does"

"A warrior is not about perfection or victory or invulernerability, he is about absolute invulnerability"

Other than that I've also been reading "The gum thief" by Canadian author and artist, Douglas Copeland...the book looks kinda girly, it has a white and pink cover but it's about this goth chick that works at Staples and this older man who's life has gone to shit. Natasha made fun of me for buying a book that looks like a chick book, but I'm sure this guy wasn't thinking "yah I'll write this book and make a white and pink cover", I'm sure that's some young advo type person's idea. So what ever, so it looks girly, it's pink big deal it's not like I'm reading Sisterhood of the travelling pants or the Yah Yah sisters or a book with Fabio on the cover.
It sounds kind lame but it's quite clever and it's worth the twenty three bucks, it's quite whitty and you'll find yourself lauhing alot. I'm not really one to read fiction, I usually read books that are observations on society and that make me look highly intelligent and usually regard much popular fiction as boring and lose interest after 100 pages, but hopefully this one will keep me interested in all 237 pages.

Can't wait to see how the Canaucks do at World's this weekend...Good luck.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Stop, Stop Now. You are making me laugh too much. Is there an arm equivalent of the velcro boot? Could you dump scented oil or something inside the cast?

In an effort not to become portly while crippled I've made some rules for myself. No wine on weekdays and no chocolate on weekends. How ever I can substitute wine for chocolate on even days during the week.

Josh totally covets my Erwin mug but he can never have it.

Barb

Unknown said...

why give up shwarmas! go to Mangos on Alta Vista! The damn meat hangs so there ain't no grease! yum, sometimes I just feel like purchasing one of those big hunks of chicken meat hanging there and knawing on it all night till I fall asleep like a drunken fat bastard!

grumpy = lack of sun light. Get out and ride!!!
Lots of great back road country dirt road riding to be had!

check out: gatevents.blog.com
email: gatevent@gmail.com

Its just a friggen blast out there!
Fast, thrilling and spilling!

ain't no point sitting inside all winter...

these boys ride all winter:
http://www.jeremiahbishop.com/
http://www.jeffkerkove.net/

and if yah need a winter race:
http://www.ultimatexc.com/the-winter-challenge.html

get out and ride!

Unknown said...

opps, forgot to mention - as for the cast - I had a busted thumb last summer from riding and then I busted the damn thing again after one week of having it off.

Go swimming if the cast is fiber glass! Does the arm wonders! Cleans it up completely!
The doc will give yah crap for doing so, but screw'm... just go do it... did me no harm (I think :)

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, michael kors, replica watches, longchamp, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, burberry outlet online, nike air max, replica watches, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike free, tiffany and co, uggs on sale, louboutin outlet

Unknown said...

montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, lancel, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, moncler, gucci, canada goose, links of london, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, barbour, canada goose, karen millen, vans, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, pandora charms, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, ray ban, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, toms shoes, replica watches, converse outlet, canada goose outlet, canada goose, barbour jackets, moncler, swarovski crystal, hollister, moncler, ugg boots uk, marc jacobs, swarovski, louis vuitton, converse, doudoune canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, moncler
ninest123 16.03