Saturday, November 10, 2007

2nd and 4th in Toronto




So I guess the good part of going for the hole shot, is that even if you don't get it, you end up with a good start, so finally the Cornwall kid got a good start! Man, it's like they actually designed a course where I could put my start demons to the curb. Not only that but I was a able to stay in the main group, which ended up with myself,Greg, Oz, Nathan Chown and Andrew Watson and Canadian Chanmp Mike Gerrigan.

I guess the last few weeks of getting my ass kicked, repeatedly payed off. I was able to stay on the group, not only that but found confidence to take charge and attack. Man it was eally fun to be in the race and have some say in how the smack down was going to happen. Much easier riding in a group then chasing trying to pull time back.

Gerrigan flatted, so there were five. Watson crashed, then there were four. Greg put in a super slick to move to get away and made it stick. I got a little too excited here and there perhaps using up some energy attacking from less then perfect places, but whatever.

The battle for second went to the line with Oz, Chown and myself. Let's just say I was forced to take a less than perfect approach to line and I blew the sprint. So 4th, but probably the best Cross race I've had all year. No actually that was probably the best race Cross race I've ever had. I was hoping for top 5 today and I got it. The podium was only inches away, so I'm really stoked about that as well. The final few hundred meters could have been better for me, but at least I was there today and that's more that can be said from the first half of our Cross adventures. Finally I got a cheque that was worth more than paper it was printed on.



It's good to se GR riding well and Oz stand up there as well. A little O town throw down.

So good result, great experience. Tommorow will be a little bit more technical, alot harder, so we'll see. But I definetly have some new found motivation to throw down.

Tasha had a great race. Wendy Simms got away in the first lap and her and Jen Stephenson and Kelly Jones battled it out. Jen's repeated attacks on the climb made Jones fall off. Tasha came around Jen on the last corner and took the sprint for second.

I'm sure Tash will write a little something tommorow about the weeekend.

Some good risotto in the belly, hopefully a good flick on tv and do it over tommorow.

Tonight no need to philosiphize, no need to pick the skin off the bones, what it is is what it is.
And what it is is getting better.

Later.

1 comment:

Keir said...

O-Town Throw Down... SICK!